1. Thoracic Pain assessment and management. A L R Michael, J Newman & A
1. Surgical Technique of Vertebral Cement Augmentation (Vertebro/Kyphoplasty). A L R Michael, A
2. Surgical Technique of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. A L R Michael, J Timothy, A
3. Surgical Technique of Lumbar Laminectomy and Instrumented Fusion. R A Dunsmuir, A L R Michael. Accepted for publication in book being edited by Prof. P V Giannoudis.
1. Outcome of revision surgery for failed Sliding Hip Screw fixation. A. Kansal, A.L.R Michael,
2. Urinary retention, a common problem in the elderly following Hip Arthroplasty. N. Goyal, A.L.R. Michael, J. Khan, N. Kumar. Online Journal of Orthopaedics. J. Orthopaedics 2007; 4(2)e12.
3. Do we need routine postoperative radiographs after Hip fracture fixation? H. V. Kurup, A. L. R. Michael, A. R. Beaumont. Online Journal of Orthopaedics. J. Orthopaedics 2006; 3(3)e10.
4. The Carpal tunnel fast track clinic. Does it make a difference? A. Kansal, A.L.R. Michael,
1. Non operative functional management of Tendo Achilles (TA) rupture, our experience and literature review. A L R Michael, G J Heyes, R G H Wallace. Submitted to JBJS (B).
1. “Compartment syndrome of lower arm after plating of the humerus”—A case report and literature review. Sunil Zachariah, A.L. Rex Michael, Nimit Goyal and James Elliot. “Injury Extra”, Volume 37, Issue 4, April 2006, Pages 143-144
2. “Pigmented Villo Nodular Synovitis of the Metatarso phalangeal joint of Hallux”. A case report of an unusual location and presentation of PVNS. Mr. A. L. R. Michael, Dr. G. Chelliah, Dr. H. Ali, Mr. A. P. Thomas. “The Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology”. Vol: 32 No. 4, 2003. Page. 256
3. “Naviculo Capitate Syndrome A Variant of Trans-Scaphoid Perilunate Dislocation”, Dr. K. Rajaram, Dr. Babu Joseph, Dr. Anoop Padmanaban, Dr. Michael Antony Louis Rex, Dept. of Orthopaedics, Lisie Hospital, Kochi-18. Journal of the Kerala Orthopaedic association, vol 8,27-29. May 1994.
LETTER TO EDITOR
1. “Driving while plastered: is it safe, is it legal”. Mr. A. L. R. Michael. Letter to the Editor published in “Injury” Vol 36. Issue 6 pp. 806-806.
2. “Treatment of Supracondylar Humeral fractures in children by skeletal traction in a brace”. Mr. A. L. R. Michael. Letter to editor published in “JBJS(
1. A prospective audit and literature review of further osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures following vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty procedures. K Flynn, C Comer, A L R Michael, J Timothy. “Injury”. Vol 40, Supplement 2, September 2009. Page: S16.
2. Outcome after fixation of Ankle fractures according to AO principles. Is a subjective functional scoring system sufficient?
3. Delayed Ankle Fixation - Does it Really reduce the incidence of Wound Complications? H V Kurup. A L R Michael. JBJS (Br) Vol 88-B, Issue SUPP_1, 165.
4. Check radiographs after dynamic hip screw fixations-do we need them routinely? Mr. H. V. Kurup, Mr. A. L. R. Michael, A. R. Beaumont. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 36, Issue 5, Page: 138. May 2005.
5. Patterns of DHS failure – a classification. Mr. A. L. R. Michael, Mr. N. R. C. Kumar, Mr. N. Kumar. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 36, Issue 5, Page: 174. May 2005.
6. Revision of failed DHS – analysis of results. Mr. A. L. R. Michael, Mr. N. R. C. Kumar, Mr. J. Saravanaganesh, Mr. N. Kumar. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 36, Issue 5, Page: 175. May 2005.
7. “Back in Trouble clinic – does it reduce fracture clinic attendance” Mr. A. L. R. Michael, Mr. R. Dias, Mr. S. Kili, Mr. S. Chugh. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 34, Issues 11-12, Page: 57 (November – December 2003)
8. “The AO unreamed nail with spiral blade in the management of subtrochanteric femoral fractures”. Mr. A. L. R. Michael, Dr. R. Rajan, Ms. K. Luscombe, Mr. N. Kumar. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 34, Issues 11-12, Page: 56 (November – December 2003)
9. “Welcome to the Wild Wild West
10. “Hemi Arthroplasty for Fracture Neck of Femur – A new method of reference for the femoral cut”. Mr. N R Chenthil Kumar, Mr. M Maqsood, Mr. A L R Michael, Mr. E M H Obeid, Mr. A O Ebizie. “Injury Extra”. Vol: 34, Issues 11-12, Page: 11-12 (November – December 2003)